Monday, August 06, 2007

The Terrible Twos

Quote of the day: Learn to think like a winner. Think positive and visualize your strengths. -Vic Braden

I found myself yelling at Daniel the whole Saturday. I never yell. That was when it struck me. He has begun the terrible twos syndrome.

He is like this wall of bricks. Bricks made of strong solid concrete stuff that no one can get through.

He doesn't understand 'No' anymore.

He gets impatient.

He whines more than ever.

He wants his way, only his way.

I'm going to die of a heart attack.

And he is going to trample all over my lifeless body.

On a better note, he woke up one morning and actually said Good Morning after I said it first. He's such a dear when he's happy after waking up. All babies are, aren't they. And he's such a laugh when he imitates adults like walking around the house and meddling with something while on the phone. Yes, he does that now. Paul and I do that. We pace up and down the hallway when we're on the phone. And there are many more expressions I wished I could've captured for memories.

Now where is that dream camera of mine....

3 comments:

Angeline said...

I know what you mean. Lana used the F word the other day. The more I tell her not to use it, the more she wants to use it. The other day she asked me where daddy went? I said, daddy went to have a cigarrette. She said, "I want to have cigarette too."

Yalah, can die of heart attack.

Kean Hong said...

hmmm...same with HH.

but also cute when not naughty.

Anonymous said...

My 4-year old is ... well, 4 years old. Sometimes he acts like he is still in his terrible twos.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/