Thursday, December 20, 2012

End of the World?

Frankly, I am excited about tomorrow, whether or not the 21st December 2012 Doomsday will come true.

“How can the world end in 2012 if my peanut butter expires on 9 March 2013?”

Hehehe.

I am excited about New Age's prediction that the date marks a positive spiritual transformation and the beginning of a new era. I really look forward to this. There's this realm I want more people to be in, and myself. I can't pinpoint what exactly it is, but it's definitely a higher level of spiritual state than we are at now. Maybe like a global spiritual evolution? I'm fascinated.

But what if it's the physical catastrophe like bad planetary cosmic clash or solar maximum, causing the world to shut down ie no electric, no solar power (that IS scary), and... OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...

NO INTERNET!

I have a confession. For the longest time, I had this wish that we all go back to basics. That somehow, the world can no longer support our greed and destruction, and we are forced to live a simple, primitive and communal life. Grow our food, barter trading, make our things, lots of DIYs, and lots of creativity.

This brings me to realize that not many of us possess the basic living skills and knowledge. You know, how to grow a variety of vegetables and fruits, how to hunt, how to distinguish between safe and lethal berries, how to fix our own home etc. And it'll the best time to own vintage mechanical machines like the typewriter, the sewing machine and letterpress. No matter what, modern people forced into primitive living will still enjoy pretty things won't they!

Now I wish I possess these skills.

Tailoring
Hairdressing
Gardening
Soap-making
Plumbing
Carpentry

And the best part... money doesn't matter anymore.

No comments: