Friday, March 28, 2014

New Lens, New Adventures

I have something up my sleeves for weeks now and I am so excited to share it with you here.

I GOT MYSELF A NEW CAMERA LENS!

After 6 years, I said goodbye to my old Canon lens (that came with the body as a starter) and traded it in for the new Canon 17-70mm lens.

Actually, that is an appetizer for my new adventure announcement.

THE REAL ONE IS....








I loved how sharp the pictures are... actually, sharper than the photos I took with the previous lens because there were fungus in the lens already. Eeeks!

And so, with these new photos, I decided to make digital wedding invitographs! I coined this term, invitograph, which means invitation by digital photographs. I'm seeing more people creating Facebook events to invite guests to their wedding. Couples still do send out wedding invites, albeit less these days. The older Chinese traditional folks still appreciate a physical card. But for those who are actively on Facebook with their friends, they can post an invitograph on their event page. I think that would be so nice! I don't know how the response will be, but I really want to do this. What do you think?

Another new adventure is modern calligraphy. I have been waiting to do this but I wasn't sure about what nib to use. I bought the Speedball Hand Lettering and Calligraphy Kit from Amazon and it's still sitting nicely on my shelf because I am a coward. Then recently, an opportunity of my lifetime came in the form of Maybelle Imasa-Stukuls herself in Singapore conducting a beginner's workshop on calligraphy. I simply could not miss it!

So here I am, practising whenever I can.

It's going to be an exciting road...

No comments: