Friday, January 23, 2015

My Humble Abode - Redecorated.

My home in 2007 to 2008. That was the first major renovation. The walls were painted Apple White, which gave a greenish hue, and gave me a heart attack when I first saw it. Just last year, I loved it because mint became my favourite colour. But then, when the Scandinavian Nordic white and clean lines took over, it was time to repaint and redecorate the house again.

See the greenish hue?

Just before repainting.

Our new dining area. The mirror made a significant difference to the brightness and size of the area. And mirrors are said to be good for feng shui because it reflects the food on our dining table, which means we double our abundance...and errmm also waste. So we are will not waste food now. See the positive effect?*grin*
We used Nippon Brilliant White 1001 Odorless Paint. It was REALLY odorless, and very easy to remove if you get them all over the floor or on your body/clothes.

That beautiful Chinese calligraphy on the piano is made by my talented colleague. I feel so peaceful and joyful.


 And to this room where I spend 6-7 hours a day unconsciously...heheh.
BEFORE.


There used to be a dresser here, but it was revamped and used as a desk for Darren now.

AFTER.
 11 things in this photo are from IKEA. You know me.






Snapshots around my nest...

Made this bolster cover from this very adorable fabric I bought from Etsy's luckyshop0228.


An additional art decor piece. The horse's legs match the Chinese character, yes?





I feel like I've arrived...

1 comment:

Hui Ching said...

Wonderful! Can I visit again?